Technical Services Engineer
I have a number of great contract opportunities open for Technical Service Engineers with experience in1st line support and for incidents and2nd line capabilities to come on-board and work for a reputable Global IT company based inSolihull. This will be an initial 3 month contract position with competitive rates on offer.
To provide a single point of contact for users, dealing with the management of both routine and non-routine incidents, problems and requests. Provision of 1st line support for incidents with 2nd line capabilities. Escalation for technical issues will be into 3rd line. . This will be a shift position working a 4 on - 4 off rota on a 12 hour shift transitioning at 07:00 and 19:00.
*Technical Capability. Works under supervision, supporting standard technical queries related to a single product/small set of products (e.g. Microsoft products, operating system, basic networking, PCs).
*Business Awareness. Develops an understanding of customer's environment and service delivery requirements to enable the delivery of a first class service.
* Process. Documents actions taken in resolving routine customer enquiries ensuring established processes/systems are followed.
* Problem Solving. Takes ownership for listening to and understanding basic customer problems asking relevant questions to resolve typically known problems within required timescales. Knows when problems are 'beyond them' and escalates so they can be resolved.
*Service Level. Escalates issues as necessary to deliver required service level and meet or exceed customer expectation/SLAs. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
* Team Working. Acts as a team player and is viewed by colleagues as a helpful and effective member of the team.
* Personal Development Takes ownership of own development and has a development plan in place.
*Feedback from customers, colleagues and team managers.
* Technical Assessments.
* Evidence of sharing and re-use of knowledge.
* Correct management of processes followed to deliver the service.
* Percentage of customer problems resolved within required timescales.
* Meeting service level requirements.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960320155