Mechanical Fitter to repair and overhaul mechanical power presses and assemblies. Ideally apprentice trained in some mechanical engineering discipline.
- Stripping and rebuilding assemblies – marking up and taking notes as they come apart
- Drilling & tapping holes in steels and non-ferrous materials
- Fitting bearings and bushes
- Filing and fitting feather and gib head keys.
- Knowledge of correct clearances for running assemblies and fits for shafts and hubs.
- Some experience on pneumatic, hydraulic and lubrication systems useful.
Must have their own tools
Fully qualified fitter: £11.60 per hour during 12 week trial / while with agency, then £12.60 per hour – 39 hours per week (basic hourly rate)
Over time during week - basic + 1/3
Overtime Saturdays – basic + œ
Normal working hours are from: Monday - Thursday, 07.30 - 16.00, 1/2 hr lunch.
Friday, 07.30 - 15.00, 1/2 hr lunch.
Occasional Overtime hours: 1 hr per day Monday - Friday, Time and a third. (Depending on work)
5 hrs Saturday 07.00 - 12.00, Time and a half.
In case of emergency you may be required to work additionally at evenings and weekends
Annual holiday entitlement is 31 days, 20 days which may be taken whenever you like providing too many other holidays are booked for this time
The company operates a private pension scheme for employees
Health & safety notes:
The Mechanical Fitter must wear safety shoes, overalls, safety glasses etc.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960318847