IT Change Manager
IT Change Manager - Capita Transport for London
About the role
The role of Change Manager will ensure all IT change is effectively governed and implemented through:
- Co-ordination of the analysis and delivery of all IT change within the Operation
- Successful engagement of IT/operational/business resource
- Meaningful stakeholder communication, both internally and externally
- Understanding Client proposed changes and where Capita can assist through value add
- Identification, definition and tracking of impacts, risks and benefits
The Capita Group Plc is the UK's leading business process outsourcing company. Our goal is simple - to help our diverse customer base of public and private sector clients improve service to their customers.
At Capita Group we aim to attract, develop and retain talented people. As an employer we seek to ensure we invest in you for the long term. We've created an environment which empowers individuals and rewards performance as well as focusing on a healthy work life balance.
What you will do:
The successful candidate will manage a team of 5 staff, including Business, Change Support and Implementation Analysts.
This role will act as the gate-keeper of change requests into and out of the Change operation, and will encompass the following responsibilities:
- Stakeholder management; reporting change activities to senior management, be the main point of contact for the Client Change Team and Capita Operation and work with other business areas to engage appropriate resource support in change projects
- Leadership; motivating, coaching and supporting staff to achieve team and individual objectives and play an active role in the appraisal process.
- Quality; verify that the delivery of change is compatible with the realisation of benefits identified and appropriate measures and methodologies are considered for managing change performance (e.g. time/quality/cost)
- Service Delivery; Generate terms of reference for delivery and co-ordination of business change projects, co-ordinate input from appropriate teams (e.g. User Acceptance Testing) and complete impact assessment of change requests, advising upon acceptance or rejection of change
- Culture; Instil a culture of continuous improvement and learning by identifying learning needs, helping to provide opportunities to address these needs and encourage staff to take responsibility for their own learning
- Compliance; Ensure that all procedures are fully documented and adhered to, maintaining legal, regulatory, ethical and social compliance in order to build and maintain an excellent reputation for the Company.
Your experience & skills will include:
- Experience of IT Change Management and Governance
- Highly analytical with meticulous attention to detail
- Customer focus with the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
- Numeracy and advanced computer literacy (MS Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Effective communication, listening and planning skills
- Degree educated or equivalent experience
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we understand what it is like to work as a Contractor and do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated On-Boarding and Extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal allowing you to submit your timesheets wherever you are. And of course there are plenty of opportunities available throughout Capita.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960319359