Surveyor - Windows and Doors
This is an exciting opportunity to join the UK’s leading Home Improvements Company as a Window & Door Surveyor, working in the field with great earning potential, along with a company car and additional benefits. This role is best for someone based in central UK as the responsibilities will be nationwide.
Reporting to the Senior Installation Manager, your role as a Window & Door Surveyor will be to qualify all contract details with our customers, ensuring that all products listed on the contract are measured correctly for manufacturing purposes and providing detailed drawings where required.
- Measuring existing windows / prepared openings and then inputting the data using the Anglian procedures into the surveying software for production.
- Follow a clear and concise brief on contract requirements and detailed information on how products are to be processed for manufacture.
- Complete on-site survey of windows and doors taking into account contract programme, style, specification, size and location all of which should comply with the technical package specification and current building regulations.
- To input the survey results into the Companies surveying software and transfer these records to the Head Office system.
- Identify any specific site issues and record them on the survey software.
- Operate within the Divisions Health and Safety Policy.
- Attend pre-tender / pre-contract meetings to cover survey programme, technical and specification issues, and any other issues that arise, ensuring minutes are taken and distributed.
- Comply with each contracts requirements and procedures, relating to survey work.
Knowledge & Skill Levels
- Comprehensive understanding of both PVC-U industry and its products.
- Understanding of current building regulations and construction techniques.
- Ability work own initiative and be able to analyse situations and make recommendations.
- General IT skills.
- Develop competence with use of bespoke IT equipment & surveying software.
- To be able to read and understand construction drawings and technical specifications.
Performance Standards and Goals
- Meet the required workload targets.
- Keep remakes at or below 0.5% per month.
- Ensure all admin is completed accurately and on time.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80440964