IT Web Developer
IT Web Developer
Closing Date 20/4/2018
Advertised Range (External) up to £35,000
Type Permanent Full-Time
Location : City Stoke-on-Trent
IT Web Developer: Ageas are seeking a commercially-focussed IT Web Developer to join our eCommerce team based in Stoke. Working on .NET technologies you’ll develop and maintain the various web sites for Ageas and take an active involvement in the e-Commerce proposition development. Furthermore, you will be required to identify areas of potential efficiency and revenue gains within these websites.
Essential to the IT Web Developer position is a strong working knowledge of .NET, C# and SQL (as a core skill set) and any exposure to an agile environment would be beneficial, although not essential.
Working alongside two Senior and four other IT Web Developers you’ll be building new and developing existing websites for Ageas and our portfolio of insurance brands for around 25 sites. The sites are customer facing as our customers are able to obtain quotes and buy insurance products from the sites therefore it would be ideal if you have exposure to working on customer face sites and technologies.
The skills and experience you’ll need for this IT Web Developer role are;
- A relevant IT related degree with proven industry experience.
- Competency in SQL/T-SQL with SQL Server 2005 or above.
- Good working knowledge of Visual Studio (preferably 2015).
- Responsive web design with experience utilising a ‘mobile first’ approach allowing cross-browser/platform compatibility.
- Creation and use of web services (SOAP and RESTful architectures, .Net WCF, WebAPI)
- Configuration and security of Windows based IIS7 web servers.
- Knowledge of the CDL Classic and Strata applications and its connectivity to web servers (XML).
- Experience with industry-leading graphics packages, including Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Able to understand and interpret data
- Excellent Communication skills - written and verbal
- Professional, self-motivated, analytical, organised and able to problem solve effectively
- Able to build strong relationships.
Here’s some of the perkz our Customer Service people tell us they enjoy;
- Starting with 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, the option is there to buy or sell 5 days holiday.
- Employees are able to pay for a car lease at a discounted rate through their monthly pay
- We offer a large range of health options like dental plans, healthcare plans, life assurance and free eye tests.
- Ageas double the pension payments that employees make.
- We have a wide range of wellbeing and social activities – you’ll find a full calendar all year round!
- You can also enjoy discounts on Ageas insurance products and with a wide range of retailers.
- If you find getting to work costly, Ageas discount your bus travel and you can pay monthly
We're a leading provider of award-winning insurance solutions in the UK, distributing our Personal and Commercial products through brokers, intermediaries, affinity partners and the internet. We have two consumer brands – Back Me Up and RIAS – and partner with some of the nation’s most well-known brands, such as John Lewis, Age UK, Toyota, Virgin Money and General Motors. We also hold a 50.1% share in Tesco Underwriting, providing home and motor insurance to Tesco Bank customers. Insuring around five million customers and working with a range of partners, we are recognised for delivering consistent and high-quality customer experiences. We employ around 4,000 people with offices based across the UK.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960321285