Senior Payroll Advisor (Grafton GB) - Support Centre
Senior Payroll Advisor
This is an exciting opportunity to start and develop your career in Payroll within a fast-paced environment.
By providing an efficient and effective payroll service and first-line support to a large number of UK businesses within Grafton Group, covering approx. 5,500 employees, you'll work towards and achieve SLA's to effectively support our employees and managers, providing a great customer experience throughout all aspects of employees pay.
You'll be part of the UK Payroll team, but will work closely alongside the wider Group HR Systems, Pension, Training, Business HR Teams and Employee Benefits functions.
Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities for this role
• Ensure accurate, timely and efficient processing of all aspects of the monthly payroll for employees and the company.
• Assisting the Payroll Manager in day to day operational responsibilities of the payroll function.
• Taking full responsibility for all payroll actions relating to a specific business area.
• Manage absences within a specific business area, liaising with the relevant business HR teams team where necessary.
• Supporting the overall success in meeting and exceeding all Payroll Team SLA's.
• Supporting and managing all aspects relating to annual tasks. For example; Tax Year End, P11d production and PSA.
• Working with and supporting business process improvements with other departments such as Finance and Transport to ensure all relevant payroll records are accurate. For example, Company Car details. General Ledger etc.
• Supporting the implementation of HR & Payroll systems upgrades & updates including UAT testing
• Acting as the first point of contact for all internal enquiries relating to Payroll by phone, email and face to face as required.
• Be the first point of contact for queries relating to the Employee and Manager Self-Service system, troubleshooting possible system or access issues by effectively utilising the guides and your own experience to resolve queries, escalating to the HR Administration or Group HR Systems team(s) where required. You will also support in the testing of upgrades to the software.
• Assist the wider HR function with any payroll related queries and calculations.
• Running weekly expense runs on a rotabasis from start to finish, inclusive of the production of the nominal ledger.
• Enjoys fact-finding and resolving queries.
• Gains satisfaction from completing high volumes of transactional work.
• Takes responsibility for own workload and is proud to do a good job, whilst also being aware of, and supporting, the overall team priorities and workload.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Has a dynamic, switched-on approach.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a confident communicator.
• The ability to work effectively within a close team.
• A high level of accuracy within a fast-paced and pressurised environment with a positive can-do attitude.
• Contributes to continuous improvement and process efficiency and will share ideas.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• An understanding and appreciation of confidentiality within a sensitive environment.
• Good IT skills.
• Good with Numbers.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80437184