Health and Safety Manager
We have an exciting role for a Health and Safety Manager on the newly appointed Joint Venture. The successful applicant will manage the provision of timely health and safety advice, guidance, training, management reporting and practical management solutions to Project Staff, employees and contractors.
- To develop, maintain and promote the implementation of the Project HS&E Management Systems including the (Construction Phase H&S Plan and Construction Environmental Plan)
- Provide advice, support and assistance to all project personnel to enable them to manage their health, safety and environmental responsibilities.
- Develop and deliver suitable HSE training programmes for all project personnel (including routine project inductions).
- Assist Project Managers and Supervisors delivering project related risk assessments using appropriate risk assessment methods. Undertake risk assessment and risk assessment reviews to ensure Balfour Beatty and Contractor assessments have identified suitable and practical control measures which cover foreseeable risk(s)
- Undertake Health and Safety compliance evaluations, inspections and audits at prescribed intervals – record outputs and liaise with site management to ensure actions are completed.
- Corporate Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (or working towards)
- NVQ Level 4
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate / Diploma
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Health and safety legislation, regulations and guidance.
- Construction industry experience and in particular CDM 2015
- Motivated, determined, qualified and experienced Safety Professional with civil engineering/Construction experience.
- Ability to inspire, influence, direct and manage personnel to achieve higher standards whilst supporting and developing a strong team spirit and culture.
- Leads by example, proactively connecting to and supporting others to improve their H&S performance
- Initiative and drive to get things done correctly, with emphasis on working with and through people
for more details contact Keith Fox ***********
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960317072