Assistant Youth Worker - part time 7 hours per week
Experienced, dynamic and self-motivated Assistant Youth Worker required, working 7 hours per week at the rate of £7.83 per hour, based in Alvechurch
The Lounge is an innovative project aimed at supporting the local community through events and services, both at The Lounge Community Cafe venue in Alvechurch and via outreach programs with a youth focus.
The Lounge is owned and run by ACT (Alvechurch Communities Together), a registered charity set up to support the communities of Alvechurch and surrounding areas. All profits from the sale of food and refreshments, as well as room hire and other services, are reinvested back into this project and used to fund a wide range of activities we provide for various community groups in the local area - especially young people. ACT was founded, and continues to be run by, volunteers from the local community with the very generous support of local businesses and residents. We are proud of what has been achieved through the hard work and collective efforts of so many in the community of Alevchurch.
Due to the ever-growing number of young people attending the sessions, the ACT Trustees are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic, dynamic and self-motivated Assistant Youth Worker to support the planning and implementation of the activities offered to young people of the community.
- To practice in line with The Lounges Child Protection policy and procedures at all times and keep the safeguarding of children at the forefront of all duties escalating any concerns to the designated child protection lead.
- To professionally represent The Lounge, by working in line with all other policies and procedures at all times.
- To work alongside the Lead Youth Worker (LYW) within the youth diner sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 3.30pm – 5.00pm.
- To support with all written records such as session evaluations, registers etc., are completed with the Lead Youth Worker and to lead on this when LYW is on annual leave.
- To support the LYW in planning, preparing and implementing the resources and topic for the Youth Club sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 6.00pm – 8.00pm
- To open and lock up The Lounge when required.
- To cover the LYW roles if they are on annual leave or ill.
- Attend and participate in any relevant training
- To engage the young people and develop a supportive relationship.
- To remain abreast and informed of current thinking in relation to professional conduct and practice.
Skills & Attributes Required:
- Ideally candidates will have some experience of direct work with young people (preferably 8 - 19 year olds), in a youth centre or outreach style environment, although full training will be provided;
- Also you may have experience of working in a school and/or educational setting and within the community;
- You will be required to have excellent verbal communication skills with the confidence to communicate and engage effectively with young people from a wide variety of social and ethnic backgrounds including the ability to offer empathic, non-judgemental support on a one to one basis to young people;
- You will be an outgoing, self motivated and flexible person who is able to work well on your own initiative with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information/data appropriately;
Hours of work and terms:-
- Hours will be 7 per week - Tuesdays and Thursdays 3.30pm - 8.00pm with an hour break inbetween;
- Earnings will be £7.83 per hour
- 28 days pro rata including Bank Holidays
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80442899