Newcross Healthcare is an independent, family run business dedicated to providing quality staffing solutions to hospitals, care, nursing and residential homes.
We are now recruiting for experienced and professional Support Workers in Kidderminster, Stourport-on-Severn, Stourbridge, Worcester to join our team and work with learning disabilities clients on a full or part time basis.
Be welcomed into the team with a free uniform and DBS check for a limited time.
We are seeking enthusiastic support workers to assist adults with learning difficulties with their day to day activities. This could include supporting with appointments, outings and general household tasks. You will need to be passionate about quality of care and strive to ensure their needs are fully met.
Our person-centred service is designed to help service users to interact with their families, friends and also the local community, enabling them to live fulfilling lives. That is why we are seeking individuals with a conscientious, compassionate and empathetic approach to personalised care, in order to make a positive difference to service users lives.
You must be confident in delivering personal care with a mindful approach towards protecting the dignity of the individual and promoting their independence and will require care skills to work with several service users. You will be dedicated to empowering each individual in your care.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
If you take pride in giving the best possible care that enhances the wellbeing and quality of life of every individual you care for, we can offer you flexible shifts that can be tailored to fit around your family or other job commitments.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.
Perks of Joining Newcross
- Salary of up to £14.23/hr including holiday pay
- Paid weekly, on time and accurately.
- Manage your availability, timesheets and payslips online in your own account area.
- Free criminal record check (DBS) for a limited time
- Free uniform for a limited time
- Agreed travel and mileage expenses (for most clients).
- Genuine 'out of hours' contact centre available 24 hrs a day.
- Continuing training and development through our 'Training Credits' scheme.
- Guaranteed hours contracts available
- Local line manager and branch support
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
Your Local Team
You'll find your local branch team at 9-10 The Tything in Worcester city centre. Just up the road from Worcester Foregate Street train station, and along the A38, we are easily accessible via most modes of transport, and welcome you dropping in to say hi.
Why Join Us?
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Click Apply Now to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions are committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing contained within this job advertisement is intended to discriminate in any way against anyone.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80433397