Senior Building Surveyor
Carry out building surveys, building surveyor's duties (i.e. GC/Works/5 Consultant) and provide professional advice on property and construction for commercial, industrial, leisure and residential projects.
Predominantly working as part of a team, but will be required to oversee Junior Surveyor(s) and may be required to oversee/manage small teams of surveyors.
- Carrying out building surveys; determining the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analysing defects, including proposals for repair;
- Ensuring projects are completed on budget and to schedule;
- Advising clients on schemes and projects and determining requirements;
- Reparing scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works;
- Organising documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes;
- Advising on energy efficiency, environmental impact and sustainable construction;
- Instructing on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings;
- Advising on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings;
- Dealing with planning applications and advising on property legislation and building regulations;
- Assessing and designing buildings to meet the needs of people with disabilities;
- Instructing on construction design and management regulations;
- Negotiating dilapidations (when there is a legal liability for a property's state of disrepair);
- Carrying out feasibility studies;
- Advising on the health and safety aspects of buildings;
- Advising on boundary and rights of light disputes and party wall procedures;
- Preparing insurance assessments and claims.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Qualified Building Surveyor or associated relevant discipline (essential);
- Competent in Microsoft excel & word (essential);
- Experience with hand held technology/software (desirable);
- Chartered Surveyor with RICS (consideration to CIOB etc. with relevant experience) (desirable);
- Relevant qualification for historic buildings/building conservation (desirable);
- Previous experience with acting in ‘Building Surveyors’ role in line with consultant/framework appointment (i.e. GC/Works/5) or similar experience preferred (essential);
- Experience with condition surveys of commercial/civil government estate essential (desirable);
- Previous experience managing minor works projects (essential);
- Previous experience in CoW role an advantage (desirable).
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.62 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Building Surveyor to work from our office in Birmingham (next to Birmingham International Station). This role is offered on a full time and permanent basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, plus company car/allowance,flexible benefits, 26 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.
As part of our recruitment process all job offers are subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80436759