Location: Midlands/Rugby CV21 3XP
Salary/wages: £11 p/h
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 0700 – 1700
About the Workshop Operator:
The role of Workshop Operator is essential to our business and a key part of the Industrial Services team. The job involves general workshop duties (excluding PMI) of heavy plant and HGV vehicles.
The ideal candidate will have experience in maintenance of automotive / HGV / site plant. Able to work as part of a team. A good communicator with a professional attitude when dealing with members of staff, clients, customers and suppliers. Good knowledge of maintenance systems is essential, as is the ability to organise and plan in a logical manner. A positive and proactive approach to safety is a given. The candidate will be calm under pressure and able to handle and prioritise several tasks simultaneously.
Main Duties of the Workshop Operator:
- Plant machinery servicing
- Company vehicle maintenance
- Carrying out mechanical and electrical repairs and improvements
- Collecting orders from local suppliers when required
- Receiving deliveries
- All duties associated with the workshop and yard
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the workshop, with good condition safe equipment.
- Call outs.
Requirements of the Workshop Operator:
- Previous workshop experience
- Basic knowledge of HGV/Plant machinery & vehicles
- HGV/Plant shunter driving **
- Full UK driving licence
- Mechanical & electrical maintenance in HGV, plant or automotive environment
- Working in teams and communication with others
- Motivated and flexible, able to communicate with all levels. .
- Punctual and reliable.
- Self-starting, self-managing, strong work ethic.
- Ability read, write and implement safety paperwork and site procedures.
- HGC class1/2 driving licence
- Forklift, telehandler or MEWP certification
- Auto electric & hydraulic knowledge
- Electrical experience on mobile vehicles, fault finding, repairs, modifications and basic installation work.
- Hydraulic systems experience, preferably on mobile plant and vehicles, fault finding, repairs, modifications and basic installation work
- Fabrication work experience, basic welding, bench work and machining.
- Engine specific experience, fault finding, repairs and rebuilds.
- Driving experience of large vans, HGVs, and mobile plant, forklifts.
**Essential but may be achieved post-employment
Benefits of becoming the Workshop Operator:
- 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Overtime available
- Company pension
- Company bonus scheme.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Workshop Manager role then please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80439469