1st Line Support Apprentice
This apprenticeship is an ideal start to your career in IT. You will work as part of a team delivering a first class, professional customer service in an office based IT Support position. You will use sound judgment and take decisions to maximize customer satisfaction.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a number of 1st / 2nd Line IT Support Engineers in our Event Support department.
Role and Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the full lifecycle of support tickets including successful resolution.
- Working towards SLAs and updating customer queries.
- Demonstrate high level of industry specific knowledge when supporting customers.
- Build and maintain professional and positive relationships both internally and externally.
- Identify ways of improving system reliability to minimize incidents.
- Represent the company and its’ core values when liaising with customers and third-party stakeholders.
- Follow company procedures and commit to personal development.
- Responsible for providing exceptional service to customers and clients.
- Contribute to the production of technical documentation.
- Escalate issues as appropriate to 3rd Line teams.
- Act as first point of contact for customers via all correspondence.
* Please be aware that for this vacancy a full, clean driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential as travel to customers across the Herefordshire area will be required.
- Competitive salaries – benchmarked salaries to ensure we stay in line with the competition.
- Holiday – entitlement set at 21 days per annum plus bank holidays with up to 32 days holiday available.
- Pension – access to our pension scheme, with the details explained by an external financial advisor.
- Healthcare – access to a Bupa employee assistance programme as well as our employee healthcare scheme and free eye tests
- Parking – paid-for secure parking and bike storage areas.
- Recognition – regular employee engagement awards, as well as long service awards to thank employees for their loyalty to the company.
- Support for life events – bonus payments or additional holiday for events such as child birth, adoption, marriage and moving house, plus access to childcare vouchers.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications and services.
- Good all-around knowledge of Office 365 and Exchange.
- MCSA or MCP Accreditations are preferable.
- Previous experience of backups such as tapes, Disk 2 Disk and cloud.
- Previous exposure to resolving desktop incidents.
- A good understanding of AD.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident and professional approach to managing workloads as a group and on your own.
- An excellent communicator both verbally and orally.
- A positive and approachable demeanour.
- An outstanding and supportive team player.
- Current, clean driving license and car essential.
This company are offering a competitive salary, but please be aware that this is an apprenticeship.SkillsIT HelpDesk, IT Support, IT Hardware, A full clean driving license Sectors