This Financial Controller role is for a fast-growing commercial scaffolding company that mainly works providing high quality services to residential housebuilding sector. The company has a varied, blue chip client base.
They are now looking for an experienced, qualified Bookkeeper to be the Financial Controller, taking day to day responsibility for ensuring accurate and timely financial record keeping and reporting. Working closely with the Company’s accountants and Finance Director he/she will ensure the structuring of their financial reporting and systems offers maximum efficiency and clarity of information, and to contribute to future planning of business activities from a financial perspective.
• Generate all sales invoices and applications for payment.
• Post all sales and purchases into the accounting software.
• Liaise with accountants for payroll, maintain the payroll records, issue payslips and prepare the monthly payments to HMRC.
• Produce and file quarterly VAT returns.
• Maintain accurate paper and digital records.
• Produce accurate management accounts by 15th of each month, working with the accountants.
• Carry out weekly bank reconciliations and manage the weekly cash flow forecast update.
Key Skills and Experience:
• Qualified bookkeeper.
• Good working knowledge of accounting systems (ideally Xero) including ability to interrogate, write reports and extract data.
• Ability to use Excel to at least an intermediate level and use to manipulating data.
• Clearly able to operate as a ‘self-starter’ and operate with minimal supervision whilst communicating clearly to the Directors.
Additional Team Role; you will be working closely in a tight knit team and will also need to support the team with:
• Answering calls into the office.
• Support the Senior Contracts Manager with day to day HR matters, supported by the external HR department.
The role is office based although the company believes strongly in flexible working and making use of Cloud based systems, so you would not necessarily need to adhere to “standard” work hours. They are more focused on work outcomes rather than rigid work systems.
If you have the skills, drive and motivation for this role, please apply today!
This vacancy is being advertised by Adam Butler Limited. The services advertised here are those of an Employment Agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we are pleased to accept applications from all sections of the community. Any qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from people holding equivalent qualifications.
Any direct canvassing or agency approaches will be automatically redirected to adambutlerltd.co.uk for further consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80281245