Principal Infrastructure Engineer
Job Title: Principal Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £45K - £50K
My client has an excellent opportunity for an experienced and client focused Civil Engineer to join a dynamic team based in Birmingham. The successful candidate will be involved in leading the design of some of the most exciting and prestigious civil engineering design projects in the UK and worldwide.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manage engineering designs in line with client brief and/or other project requirements
2. Review and provide feedback on designs produced by more junior staff
3. Monitor resourcing requirements for projects and provide feedback to Associates / Partners
4. Under the guidance of a more experienced manager, contribute to the day-to-day management and control of projects (including commercial and financial management, project management, and compliance with QA, environmental and health and safety procedures)
5. Provide training and coaching to more junior staff, including acting as a mentor to support those pursuing membership of professional institutions
6. Attend internal and/or external marketing and business development events as appropriate
7. Contribute to the preparation of submissions and fee bids
8. Build and maintain strong relationships with clients
9. Contribute to Practice-wide technical initiatives (such as the development of technical standards, software development, knowledge sharing etc)
Skills & Experience Required:
1. A Chartered Engineer, and accredited with a MEng degree (or equivalent) in Structural or Civil Engineering, you will have gained significant practical experience of civil engineering within a consultancy environment, and an accomplished level of relevant IT skills in structural design software including AutoCAD, PDS and Civil CAD3D.
2. You have a background in the design of infrastructure (roads, drainage, earthworks) for both highway and drainage authorities (design to adoptable standards) and developers, taking schemes from initial concept/risk identification, through appropriate approval processes and on to detailed design for construction.
3. Experience of infrastructure as part of buildings projects working closely with other disciplines would also be an advantage.
4. You will have a portfolio of built environment experience demonstrating your quality and client focused approach, and have consistently demonstrated your ability to manage multiple large-scale projects and less experienced engineers to deliver to, and exceed client expectations, and crucially - you have a passion for creative and intuitive design.
What do you do now?
If you would like to discuss this vacancy in confidence, then please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.