Whitchurch Swimming Centre- Shropshire
Permanent, Part Time, 4 hours per week
Level 1 qualified: £8.47 per hour
Level 2 qualified: £10.42 per hour
Serco Leisure is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can do attitude are key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
Key purpose of role:
The Swimming Teacher will have responsibility for the safety and skill advancement of the pupils within their care.
Training and the attendance of Continued Professional Development workshops and seminars will be maintained and enhanced.
Key personal attributes:
- Plan and demonstrate lesson plans throughout the lessons
- Instruct individuals or groups in the art of swimming or other associated aquatic activities
- Have extensive and up to date knowledge of current swimming teaching practices and products
- Have an extensive knowledge of current swimming lesson scheme for the delivery of swimming lesson
Skills and Experience:
- 2 years proven practical experience
- To communicate instruction in line with lesson plans and swimming lesson scheme, consistently record information relevant to each lesson content and any other associated information.
- Be able to plan and communicate relevant teaching practices and record achievement of individuals on a weekly basis, show good class management and motivational skills. Commit to the national governing bodies long term strategy
- Plan in advance class levels and changes to ensure maximum capacity in all classes, provide clear communication for all individuals with regards to assessments. Constantly update personal knowledge of current and new teaching practices. Have knowledge of current safety requirements for the delivery of swimming lessons
Qualifications and Training:
- ASA Level 1 or equivalent
- ASA Level 2 or equivalent
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification or Reach and Rescue were appropriate
If interested, please apply.Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors. On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80052421