Case Worker job Coventry to start ASAP
Your new company
This is a new non-departmental public body (NDPB) which was created in April 2017. Its mission is to improve access to high quality apprenticeships and technical education in order to transform the skills landscape.
Your new role
You will be part of the operations & policy team.
- Take ownership and responsibility for a defined caseload of apprenticeships. Plan and manage your time to work through the caseload quickly to meet set deadlines.
- Review information and evidence provided (including financial / numeric), assess this against various guidance documents, and use judgment to make a recommendation for the appropriate level of funding for each apprenticeship.
- Produce well-written summaries of your recommendation, and contribute to the production of papers for the governance process.
- Keep good records of the recommendation and decision making process, using a variety of tools.
- Respond to queries - from others in the team, senior managers, employers, and the governance process. Investigate issues, collate and assess information as needed to offer high quality advice and customer service, and resolve queries as quickly as possible.
- Generate and implement suggestions and strategies to improvement, to increase operational efficiency of the team.
- Contribute to tracking and management of caseload across the team.
- Build positive and supportive working relationships within the team and across the wider Institute.
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and some prior experience of writing papers and presenting their own analysis verbally to senior colleagues.
- Excellent numeracy skills and confidence to work with financial information.
- Strong ability to extract and synthesise information from a range of sources (written, numeric, phone calls) and use this to form judgments and make recommendations. (NB - the Institute will provide guidance and training).
- Good IT skills -- including MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint and Trello.
- Good planning / organisation / project management skills - to plan own time and assist with casework planning and management of wider team.
- Strong ability to manage and motivate self and others, and work with limited supervision to take responsibility and complete tasks to deadline.
Previous experience of working within the public sector / civil service would be ideal. Candidates without this background will be considered if they meet the specification above. A basic Disclosure Scotland is needed.
What you'll get in return
3 Month contract in a organisation funded by a governmental department.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80049354