Audit & Assurance, Treasury and Prudential Regulation - Assistant Manager / Manager
Within Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to join a business focused on serving a wide range of Financial Institutions and Corporate Treasuries with interesting and fast developing business and regulatory challenges.
The team has grown exponentially over the past 6 years providing deep financial risk management experience and innovative solutions to global, national and regional financial services institutions.
The team specialises in regulatory reporting, risk management framework implementation, stress testing, Asset & Liability management, regulatory business plans and other regulatory documentation, balance sheet optimisation, assistance in setting up of challenger Banks, financial instrument valuation and reporting, hedge accounting and risk and treasury systems implementation.Role description
We are in the market for talented Assistant Managers and Manager to join the fast expanding Treasury and Prudential Risk advisory team within the Regional Financial Services practice. The role will involve travel, but this can be managed based on individual circumstances.
Strong communication and client management skills are key elements to this role as you will be advising senior personnel on a day to day basis. You will lead the delivery of projects, taking responsibility for the management of the project, staff and client expectations. You will take a proactive role in developing and maintaining deep client relationships and securing new opportunities.
We are focused on ensuring that your market leading financial services, treasury and prudential regulation knowledge are used to create a career path that matches your expectations. We will provide on-going training and experience to allow you to grow and develop your specialism in a market leading Financial Services practice.Location
We are principally looking to hire into our Birmingham office but will also consider candidates based out of Manchester and Leeds.Hours
This is a full time and permanent role however we are happy to consider requests for agile working patterns.Responsibilities
- Leading consulting projects including the provision of strategic advice and project delivery related to liquidity, capital, regulatory reporting, credit risk and more.
- Delivery of specialist internal audit covering a range of topics such as ALCO effectiveness, Risk MI, Risk management framework, treasury MI, treasury systems and controls, interest rate risk, cash forecasting and many other treasury and regulatory topics.
- Managing more junior members of the team and supporting the development of their knowledge and skills as you deliver engagements.
- Maintaining a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- A deep knowledge in treasury and / or prudential regulation - you will be regarded as a subject matter expert.
- A strong understanding gained from a treasury accounting background would also be relevant to this role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication & influencing skills
- Ability to take strategic leadership, prioritise and ensure the delivery or projects to a high quality
- Ability to build and maintain exceptional relationships with clients
- Strong team player with good organisation, planning and leadership skills
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging/dynamic work environment
- Strong academic record, ideally including accounting or treasury professional qualification;
- Financial Services knowledge and experience
- Experience of working in an advisory or business consulting capacity or some internal audit experience will be relevant to this role but is not essential;
- Willingness to travel.
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.About DeloitteOur Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 142678