E-mail Marketing Executive
Looking to join a global retailer who values people? Then look no further. We are committed to developing our people, last year we made numerous promotions across the business and raised over GBP500K through our Monsoon Charity Trust fund raise. We have a strong brand with many talented people in the business along with a loyal customer base who knows our heritage. We put people first and pride ourselves in attracting, developing, retaining and inspiring our talent.
E-mail is a key channel for Monsoon Accessorize and one that gets us very close to our customers. This role puts us in front of customers and as such must surprise, delight and be an ambassador for the business. As an E-mail Marketing Executive, you will be responsible for developing e-mail campaigns for the Monsoon and Accessorize brands in order to acquire and retain new customers.
This newly-created role will work with the E-mail Marketing Manager and another Executive to create content and a data-driven e-mail plan, in order to effectively communicate with our customers and drive site traffic, engagement and ultimately, sales.
You will be responsible for managing all day to day aspects of e-mail campaigns, working with the Brand team, Content, E-commerce Trading, Design and Development teams through to data segmentation and on-time delivery.
What will you do as an E-mail Marketing Executive?
- Running and managing the day to day e-mail communication across all brands, working with 1 other E-mail Marketing Executive. This includes briefing, creative, database, tracking & reporting. Working closely with the UX, Content, Merchandising, Brand, Development and Design teams.
- Develop an e-mail communication plan each week for each brand that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- Day to day management of the customer database, ensuring database best practices are being followed.
- Ability to create and amend segments using ESP.
- Using email reports & data insight to evaluate performance of all campaigns and make recommendations for improvements to weekly newsletters.
- Actively champion new ideas and initiatives in line with competitor activity/industry trends.
- Focus on developing email best practices and mobile optimisation, including a testing plan for emails to help improve our communication & targeting.
- Work with E-mail Marketing Manager & customer insight team to run effective targeted campaigns aimed at increasing retention and customer lifetime value.
- Help the E-mail Marketing Manager to implement the email strategy & associated projects.
- Work on International e-mails for Germany, France & other markets - from briefing international trade team for translations, links and products, ensuring emails are created & tested before sending.
- Monday morning reporting & ad hoc reporting.
- Work closely with E-commerce, Marketing, PR and Brand teams to ensure all communications are as targeted, commercial and inspirational as possible.
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Previous experience in an e-mail focused role
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of e-mail best practices, day to day e-mail management and design best practice
- Use of Google Analytics or similar programme to report on e-mail
- Commercially focused
- Understanding of e-mail KPI success
- Strong numerate and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of e-commerce and transactional websites
- Proven experience of managing email platforms in a B2C environment
- An excellent command of language and versatile writing style
- Positive, passionate and proactive attitude
- Excellent multi-project management and organisational skills
- Works well under pressure to tight deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Keen to learn & improve the E-mail Marketing channel
- Basic HTML knowledge
What are we like to work for?
If you're ambitious, Monsoon Accessorize is a great place to be. We're still growing which means there are more opportunities than ever before. We're also committed to developing our talent. Last year we made numerous promotions across the company. This year promises to be no exception. You will enjoy a fantastic benefits package which includes an amazing discount across our brands, up to 23 days holiday, pension, life assurance and an interest free season ticket card loan. We also provide a great range of Voluntary benefits with external companies that you can take advantage of such as discounts on gym memberships and the opportunity to ride a tax free bike to work to name a few!
If you feel you have the potential to become an E-mail Marketing Executive, we would love to hear from you.