Private Sector Housing Project until March 2019
This role is for an Experienced EHO's for a long term contract in North Midlands for an exciting project with lots of benefits.
The successful applicants will be part of the Council's Building Resilience Programme. The specific housing project is to identify and bring about improvements in living conditions in privately rented properties across area, by tackling absent or 'rogue landlords' and letting agents responsible for poorly managed properties. Since 2014, due to an increase of migrant workers, the demand for affordable privately rented properties in and around the community. Consequently, the number of Houses in Multiple Occupation and shared properties has increased more quickly than in any other area of the district. This additional temporary resource is required to work collaboratively with internal and external partners to seek out and Remedy unsafe housing conditions and practices and deal with the displacement of individuals and families when properties are not fit for purpose and may be prohibited from use.
The following requirements are required for:
- Current up-to-date knowledge of private sector housing legislation;
- Experience of dealing with private sector housing standards, HMO licensing, HHSRS; assessment inspections in both multi-occupied and single dwellings;
- Experience of dealing with empty properties;
- Experience of dealing with problematic landlords and letting agents;
- Case management, enforcement and negotiation skills;
- Experience of dealing with a mixed audience of residents and stakeholders;
- Show good levels of skill and experience in working with partner agencies;
- Will have to attend court and property tribunals when necessary;
- May be required to work outside normal office hours;
- Experience in the use of UNIFORM/IDOX IT system would be desirable.
If this sounds interesting please get in touch.
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.