Technical Account Manager
Job Title: Technical Account Manager
Salary: Up to GBP42,000 DOE + Company Car + Benefits Package
Our client is a recognised and leading supplier to UK retailers and wholesale sectors of the best quality fresh food. Due to significant company growth, they are looking to acquire the services of a Technical Account Manager with the responsibility of meeting all customer technical requirements and developing and maintaining strong relationships with all key customers and suppliers.
The role requires a thorough understanding of the entire supply chain from supplier through to the final customer ensuring that all required due diligence is established and maintained. The ideal candidate will have experience of customer liaison at a senior level.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and suppliers
- Being the first point of contact for any enquiries and issues relating to one of the company's major/key accounts
- Provide front-line response to technical queries from customers by direct liaison and effective communication
- Play a key role within the technical team developing the ability to support and provide cover across the remit of the role
- Ensure that customers enquiries are resolved in a professional and timely way
- Participate in key technical, procurement, operations and sales meetings ensuring that any requirements arising are accurately acted upon in a timely manner
- Accurate and timely completion, communication and follow up of all KPI trackers.
- Participate in customer new product development
- Provide expert technical feedback regarding varieties, sourcing and seasonal variation coupled with a sound understanding of the marketplace
- Maintain industry knowledge and expertise by participating at customer conferences
- Maintaining the company's reputation and high standards by ensuring an immediate and effective response to their customers' requirements
Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to QCF level 5 - 6 in a relevant academic discipline
- Work experience within a technical function within a food company (essential), ideally the fresh produce sector
- Experience of customer liaison at a senior level
- Advanced abilities using the Microsoft package and all electronic data management systems
- Strong communication skills developed from working directly with a demanding customer base
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Additional languages including Spanish and Portuguese would be advantageous
- Must be flexible to travel to other UK sites and suppliers
- A full UK driving licence is required
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your current or most recent salary and your availability/notice period. You can also call Giulia Zito on for a discreet and confidential discussion about the role.