A world leading Logistics business is recruiting a General Manager to lead their large-scale operation within the Staffordshire area.
As the General Manager, you will oversee the operation of a large-scale Warehousing facility with global remit. You will provide leadership for a team of Operations Managers ensuring service delivery for the site and acting as a key point of contact for the customer with all operational elements pertaining to a global logistics operation. You will support the wider customer account to lead the operational team to ensure "best in class" operational performance whilst supporting with the delivery of "cost down" gain share initiatives. Ultimately supporting the wider LLP agenda within the Design, Manage and Operate verticals. Proactively build and sustain multiple customer relationships and where appropriate lead C4L activities to support the account
The ideal General Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a leadership role of a large-scale warehousing operation
- A track record of driving continuous improvement and lean initiatives to achieve Best in Class
- OMS knowledge desirable
- A dynamic leadership approach
- Import and export experience would be advantageous
- Experience in driving engagement within a highly demanding operation
- A strong communicator, with experience of managing high profile customer relationships
- Leadership experience within a unionised operation
My client is amongst world's elite logistics businesses and have a customer portfolio of very high profile and prestigious customers across the globe.