Forces Recruitment Services has been retained by its client to identify and engage with personnel seeking to work within the financial services industry. We are keen to speak with job seekers interested in Paraplanner opportunities, providing technical support on client cases to advisers and administrators. No previous financial services experience is required, however, you should be able to demonstrate a keen interest in the industry and that you have researched it.
Applications from ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
This Paraplanner position offers excellent training and accreditation opportunities within an organisation that's very focused on the development of its team and the industry leading standards that it works to.
As a Paraplanner you will be responsible for providing technical support on client cases to
Advisers and Administrators. This will consist of preparing and maintaining client files
and producing recommendation documents as well as supporting the implementation process.
It should be noted that whilst this is an entry level position in terms of industry knowledge and
prior experience, the successful applicant should be able to demonstrate certain attributes
essential to the role, including an excellent eye for detail, an ability to work as part of a multifunctional team, time management skills and an aptitude for learning and retaining new skills.
- Prepare recommendation reports and packs for client meetings
- Prepare review documents for client meetings
- Manage clients on the Platform Technology
- Liaise with third parties such as insurance companies
- Support other Paraplanners to share workload
- Maintain systems with up to date and accurate information
- Assist with product, investment and technical research
- Assist advisers to manage their client banks
Professional Skills & Personal Attributes
- Experience of writing detailed, lengthy reports or letters
- Analytical Skills
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Excellent people skills, encompassing a confident, professional and friendly manner
- Ability to work within a team, but to take responsibility for completing own workload without the need to be constantly supervised
- Ability to work alongside advisers, Paraplanners and administration staff to assist in the compliant and efficient running of client cases and systems
- Willingness to undertake training to improve technical knowledge and knowledge of our systems
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, whilst producing work of the highest standard following clear processes and procedures
- Willingness to embrace a career requiring extensive qualifications and professional development.
Interest in investment markets
Experience of ongoing professional development
Empathy & Humility
Willingness to deal with cases both large and small in the same manner
Education & Training
GCSE - including A grades in Maths and English
A Levels - at least 3 subjects excluding General Studies
Salary increases are linked to the attainment of qualifications via the Chartered Insurance Institute.
5% employee and 5% employer pension contributions after successful completion of probation period
4x Salary Death In Service after 6 months service
4x Salary Critical Illness Cover after 6 months service
Health Cash Plan after 6 months service
Max benefit income protection after 6 months service
PMI after 6 months service
20 days holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays)
Study package to include payment for all study materials, revision aids and bonuses upon passing exams
Package: GBP24,000 - GBP30,000 / annum + Benefits + Full Training
Region: Corby, Northamptonshire, UK