Vehicle Technician / Engineer
VEHICLE TECHNICIAN / ENGINEER
Salary: from GBP19,000 depending upon skills and experience.
Hours: 8.30am and 5.00pm. Monday to Friday.
Location: Tile Hill, Coventry.
Jim Doran Hand Controls is one of the UK's leading vehicle adaptation companies. We specialise in adapting vehicles for disabled drivers. We enable our customers to access and drive their vehicles.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic vehicle technician/engineer to join our energetic team.
The successful candidate will:
- Learn to design, make and install hand controls to a wide range of vehicles.
- Develop skills ranging from fabrication, MIG welding and auto electric work.
- Receive a comprehensive training program.
Candidates will be required to convert vehicles using specific pre-manufactured parts as well as making and installing bespoke parts and fittings made on site.
This is an interesting and varied role which requires a high degree of technical ability and would be suited to someone with some experience in engineering or has previously worked in an automotive conversion environment.
Candidates will be expected to be able to understand and follow plans and procedures, whilst also providing solutions to new problems or specific requirements that may arise.
Desirable Skills and Attributes
- Use of hand/power tools, bench drills and angle grinders etc.
- Bracketry design techniques and basic sketching
- Full, clean, UK driving license
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Comfortable working in an open workshop environment, liaising with management, co-workers, and customers on a daily basis.
Whilst no specific qualifications are needed, an understanding of the vehicle adaptation industry would be advantageous when applying for this role.