Customer Support Manager
The Customer Support Manager will be located at our Keele office.
The Customer Support Manager will oversee the daily activities of the Support team and will be responsible for setting and meeting KPI targets as well as identifying opportunities for process improvement and efficiencies in order to provide the best service possible to our customers.
The individual will also be responsible for mentoring the team, setting and evaluating performance and development goals.
This individual will have responsibility for meeting and setting customer service targets as well as planning areas of improvement or development. They will ensure that calls and emails are answered by associates within agreed time scales and in an appropriate manner.
Establish a culture of continuous process improvement and change using associated FBS methodologies and tools.
- Primary role is to improve the ability of the teams to provide a high quality service for customers, internal associates and engineers with technical or software issues.
- Manage the daily running of the team, implementing call center strategies and operations.
- Carry out needs assessments, performance reviews and cost/benefit analyses.
- Set and meet performance targets for speed, efficiency and quality.
- Ensure all relevant communications, records and data are updated and recorded.
- Liaise with supervisors, team leaders, colleagues across the business and third parties to gather information and resolve issues.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry developments and involvement in networks.
- Monitor random calls to improve quality, minimize errors and track operative performance.
- Coordinate associates recruitment, including writing vacancy advertisements and liaising with HR.
- Review the performance of associates, identifying training needs and planning training sessions.
- Record statistics, user rates and the performance levels of the centre and preparing reports.
- Handle the most complex customer complaints or enquiries.
- Organise shift patterns and the number of associates required to meet demand.
- Coach, motivate and retain associates and coordinate reward schemes.
- Forecast and analyse data against budget figures on a weekly and/or monthly basis.
- Ensure accurate allocation of stock to customers for replacement
- Ensure that customers are assisted over the telephone with the set-up of the Director software.
- Ensure the team accurately diagnose installation and operator issues over the telephone.
- Report any regularly occurring product faults to the EU Head of Operations.
- Ensure raised service work is correctly priced with clear and accurate instruction for engineers and maintain diary entries.
- Budget planning and cost review.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with all company associates.
- Interact on a global basis with associates in other regions.
- Develop relationships with key customers.
- Interact with engineers and sub-contractors.
Required Skills & Experience
At least 5 - 7 years' experience in running a high performing support center
- Experience in Technical Support/Trouble Shooting Hardware and Software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Passionate customer service orientation with experience in managing multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, change embracing corporate culture
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills, and a high level of attention to detail
- Displays sound business judgment and decision making capability
- Displays high level of self-motivation
- Honesty, integrity and a strong level of drive and determination
- Degree level or higher required
Preferable Skills & Experience
- Experience with GPS products and mobile devices advantageous
- Previous Fleet Management Experience
- Passionate career aspiration, with the ability and drive to seek new opportunities and personal growth
- Digital Six Sigma Certification/Business Systems Practitioner would be beneficial