Field Technology Trainee Executive
We are recruiting for a Field Technology Trainee Executive to support our interviewers who work remotely conducting their work with Tablets. Our field interviewers are the backbone of our business- they conduct face-to-face interviews with members of the public on behalf of our clients (local and central government, the media, and a range of companies and charities.
What you'll be doing:
The role focuses on 1st line support of the Field Interviewers by respond to the day-to-day queries received by the Field Technology team in a professional and timely manner, logging calls as they arrive and issuing ticket numbers where relevant. You will also be responsibility for managing all technical aspects of the surveys internally from a Field perspective by liaising with our internal IT departments, with attention to script testing, job set-up using internal applications and data cleaning.
You'll be responsible for:
- Supporting new applications or systems that are required to help the Field Projects team manage fieldwork
- Ensuring scripts are correctly tested, made available and then closed on the systems for access for the Field department
- Managing the collection, delivery, stock and storage of all equipment, by liaising with suppliers
- Problem solving IT process issues within the department at large and help implement solutions
- Helping monitor relevant social media applications
- Managing all data administration (including cleaning) queries in a professional and timely manner
- Providing secondary resource for analytical support and data manipulation on projects
- Monitoring internal servers and liaise with IT support departments
As you will be working remotely with people, you'll be someone who is a good communicator who can apply calm, polite and structured trouble shooting skills with excellent telephone and customer service skills. You'll need to take ownership of tasks, able to work within a team and cohesively with other internal teams and clients.
- Degree or equivalent level qualification
- IT background ideal, but an aptitude and interest in technology essential
- Some customer services experience would be beneficial
- Ability to be proactive, multi-task and prioritise their work
We are not looking to fill jobs, but to partner with our people. We value team accomplishments and we believe in leaders who set good examples. We encourage and reward individual initiative, innovation and creativity. Our values (Integrity, Curiosity, Client First, and Entrepreneurial Spirit) are based on our diverse cultural backgrounds, helping us to be responsive, client-focused and flexible.
We are intellectually curious and passionate researchers who set ourselves high standards and work collaboratively to service our clients most effectively. We are consistently engaged in a variety of complex and high-profile projects in nearly every major industry.
Ipsos Field department sits within one of the largest Operations team in the industry and is one of the leading teams in the UK market. We specialise in delivering major fieldwork studies for Public Affairs and Connect. We pride ourselves in our expertise to provide high quality fieldwork for some of the most demanding random probability studies in the country, striving to use the most up to date technology to achieve these fieldwork goals. Our Field Interviewers operate ever day of the week so in order for us to fully support them we work flexibly between 8am-6pm weekdays and emergency out of office phone service (where necessary), between 6-9pm Mon-Fri, 9-12pm on Saturdays and 11-2pm on Sundays, on a rota basis.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that everybody is different and strive to harness those differences to create an inclusive environment where individuals feel valued, their talents are recognised and they are given every opportunity to develop their full potential.