Central Stockground Performance Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced people manager to join our passionate and knowledgeable team as the Logistics Manager. This exciting role will see you managing a team of team leaders and operators to provide leadership while developing and deploying the Policy Deployment actions within the Central Stock Ground, achieving optimum team and delivery performance in order to meet customer requirements.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as Logistics Manager you will;
- Identify and complete improvement projects
- Identify and deliver employee development plans
- Monitor and analyse performance and delivery trends
- Interact with key stakeholders, including internal sales and supply chain teams and external teams to ensure smooth and efficient processes are fully integrated and supported
- Sustain and improve our Customer Experience Objectives
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we're agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we're supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Logistics Manager specifically it is important that you have:
- Great leadership skills with proven experience of managing and developing teams
- The confidence in working autonomously, making decisions, influencing stakeholders and driving for results
- Effective communication skills; both written and verbal
- The ability to quickly form positive and productive working relationships with teams and stakeholders
- The ability to deal within a pressurised and busy environment
- The motivation to put customers at the forefront of what you do
It would also be advantageous if you had the following, although this is not essential:
- A warehousing, supply chain or logistics background
- Some sort of H&S qualifications
- Management of project
What about the business I'll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Saint-Gobain PAM UK - part of the Saint-Gobain group and the UK's premier supplier of ductile iron and cast iron products to the UK's key utilities, telecoms, highways, civil engineering, construction and housing companies; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries??? Are You In?
What will I get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, Saint-Gobain PAM UK is able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within Saint-Gobain PAM UK or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn't always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.