Central Stockground Performance Manager
WHO ARE WE?
The UK's leading supplier of ductile iron pipes, fittings, valves, highly secure manhole covers, gullies and cast iron drainage solutions for the utilities, civil engineering and construction markets. A UK based business, with two foundries and a distribution centre in the Midlands, we combine international reach with local, innovative and specific solutions across all of our customers
This is an exciting opportunity for a Performance Manager to join our passionate and knowledgeable team based in Ilkeston.
The Performance Manager will lead the Central Stock Ground team in providing an excellent service to our customers every day. This is a busy role, overseeing a hub of activity central to all of our operations, with products being delivered from and dispatched to all over the UK and world wide.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role of CSG Performance Manager, you will be responsible for managing all day to day activities at CSG as well as leading projects and supporting the Site Manager for Ilkeston Operations in strategic initiatives to continually improve on customer excellence.
The CSG Performance Manager will report to the Ilkeston Site Manager and be responsible for:
- Identifying and completing improvement projects Identifying and delivering employee development plans
- Monitoring and analysing performance & delivery trends
- Driving behavioural safety and ensuring compliance with Health Safety and Environmental legal requirements and Saint Gobain standards.
- Interaction with key stakeholders, including internal sales and supply chain teams and external teams such as contractors and 3PL business to ensure smooth and efficient processes are fully integrated and supported.
- Sustaining and improving our Customer Experience Objectives
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit great people that align well with our values. We are particularly keen to meet people who share our passion for innovation and sustainability. For the CSG Performance Manager specifically, you will be:
- A great leader with proven experience of managing and developing teams.
- An effective communicator; both written and verbal
- Able to quickly form positive and productive working relationships with teams and stakeholders
- Confident in working autonomously, making decisions, influencing stakeholders and driving results; you will be encouraged to think outside of the box so you can't be afraid to try something different
- Agile in solving problems quickly and efficiently
- IOSH or Health and Safety qualification would be desirable
- A warehousing & logistics background would be advantageous but not essential