Technical Copywriter (Metrology)
Please note: This role would suit an engineer who has moved (or is looking to move) into a writing environment
My client is seeking a Technical Copywriter to join their team, this is position is to support the Marketing Manager in developing printed and web-based promotional material such as catalogues, product brochures, flyers, case studies, product specifications, user manuals and educational materials related to Dimensional Metrology.
This position demands good technical knowledge, preferably gained within our field of expertise and the writing ability to satisfy both an informed and uninformed audience.
An excellent command of the English language is essential as is the ability to write, understand and verify material often written by the non-native speaker that may require correction.
Creating clear, concise articles that are technically sound, easy to follow and interesting is an essential quality.
Responsibilities will include
- Developing printed and web-based promotional material such as catalogues, product brochures, flyers, case studies, product descriptions, educational booklets and wallcharts aimed at helping prospective customers understand the features, advantages and benefits of products
- Writing product white papers as directed
- Collaborating with marketing team members, customer solutions teams and product development teams
- Ensuring accuracy and consistence across all written marketing content, and incorporating revisions according to current routing procedures.
- Defining a consistent voice and tone for the brand across multiple channels
- Applicants will have knowledge and skills in a number of the following areas
- Proven positions, marketing and copy/technical writing skills for a technology company
- Ability to translate technical or complex ideas into concise, business-orientated content/story lines
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to develop messaging and gather technical details
- End of Year Bonus (subject to Company and personal performance)
- Medical scheme (subject to length of service)
- Employee car park
- Working hours - 8.30am to 5pm