Accounts Reconciler / Accounts Administrator / Purchase Ledger
The Company is the UK's market leader in outsourced waste management and recycling services. Their ability to optimise practical and efficient solutions onsite is a unique service offering that distinguishes us from our competitors. We put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders, or customers. They are looking for individuals who share our people first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, innovation and unique talents.
Their Accounts Team is responsible for organising the financial and accounting affairs including the preparation and presentation of appropriate accounts and the provision of financial information for managers. Their diverse and versatile business demands the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Team Leader, the Administrator will be tasked with the reconciliation of pre-determined purchase invoices against contracted movements on our bespoke system. Day to day duties will include:
- Ensure supplier invoices are received by the deadline given
- To ensure proof of deliveries are scanned to relevant movements on Chorus
- To request any missing documentation from the service provider
- Ensure service providers are notified of queries held on invoices within agreed timescales
- Investigate query causes and responses and seek satisfactory resolution
- To follow procedure to ensure costs are recovered
- To achieve targets set throughout the month by deadlines given
- Maintain historical record by ensuring Approved Service Provider invoices are filed accordingly
- To ensure good relationships are made and kept with service providers
Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of the waste industry desirable
- Excellent telephone manner
- Problem solving abilities
- A flexible approach to work to meet the needs of the business
- Administration experience
- Ideally some exposure to accounts (purchase ledger, invoicing)
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office
- Educated to at least GCSE (or equivalent)
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job title of; Accounts Reconciler, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger, Accounts Reconciliation, Invoicing Assistant, Administrator, Purchase Ledger Administrator, Finance Assistant, Finance Administrator may also be considered for this role.