Class 1 & Class 2 Readymix Driver - Sandbach
PERMENANT ROLE - Monday to Friday - 48 hours Guaranteed - Potential load productivity bonus
Potential Earnings of up to GBP28,916 pa for Class 1
(GBP27,456 basic + GBP960 relief allowance + GBP500 incentive scheme = GBP28,916pa)
Potential Earnings of up to GBP26,420 pa for Class 2
(GBP24,960 basic + GBP960 relief allowance + GBP500 incentive scheme = GBP26,420pa)
CALLING ALL CLASS 1 & CLASS 2 RELIEF DRIVERS TO JOIN OUR READYMIX FLEET
Do you have a passion for driving, enjoy delivering fantastic customer service and have the desire to go the extra mile.
- Minimum 48 hours per week contract with opportunities to work up to 55 hours per week
- Rostered Saturday working will be required whereby a minimum of 8 hours will be paid
- Up to 4 nights out a week may be required at the rate of GBP25 per night allowance
- Sundays and Bank Holidays at time and a half
You will be supporting all sites as required throughout your region. This role will support depots when other drivers are sick or on holiday or when high work demands require extra support.
In return, a small company vehicle will be supplied to allow you to get to and from the different depots to collect your concrete mixer.
Our fleet of Concrete Mixers are 8 leggers with an 8 metre British McPhee drum and are Gold FORS spec, we our looking for drivers that will look after this prestige vehicle and take pride in its appearance.
All cleaning equipment and training will be provided in the 3-week induction process.
What we expect from our drivers:
- Concrete Mixer truck to be operated efficiently
- Vehicle to be kept clean and presentable
- Driver uniform and PPE to be worn
- Complete relevant paperwork
- Drum to be kept clean and free from build up
Experience & Qualifications:
- You must hold a Class 1 or 2 licence
- Current DCPC & Digital Tachograph card
- Must have no more than 6 points on licence
- Must be 21 years of age and above
- Be enthusiastic, reliable and customer focused, with the ability to maintain positive internal and external customer relationships
- Be punctual, have good communication skills and work ethic
- Good geographical knowledge is beneficial
- Be willing to learn new skills
What you can expect from us:
- Guaranteed 48 hour contract
- Paid in-depth induction & training programme
- Full uniform and PPE
- Mineral Products Qualification and SUDs courses (Registered for DCPC) paid for
- Load productivity bonus
- Company benefits
- GBP300 per annum for zero days unauthorised absence
- GBP200 per annum for no accidents or blameworthy damage
- GBP500 for recommending a driver friend, and your friend also gets GBP250
If you feel that you have what it takes to support us in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.