Senior Control Engineer - ADAS Automated Driving Motion
Role: Senior Control Engineer - ADAS Automated Driving Motion
Contract type: Permanent
We are recruiting for a world leading, automotive company where career development opportunities are unparalleled. Their growth over the past 5 years has been unmatched and this growth shows no sign of slowing. They are continuing to invest, expand and develop new and exciting products. They are now seeking to increase their permanent head count, and this is where you fit in.
The role of the Senior Control Engineer - ADAS Automated Driving Motion is integral to ensuring that their customers continue to receive an exceptional driving experience.
What you will be doing:
- Suspension. Engine mounts. Wheels and tyres. To provide an exceptional driving experience, every chassis component needs be honed to perfection. That takes all kinds of people, from designers to project managers.
- As Senior Control Engineer, you'll be working as part of a small and focused pre-development team working with simulation and prototype vehicles. You'll be working with in an agile model based control system development process that is developing motion control systems, including trajectory control, robotic motion, and vehicle dynamic control.
- You'll take your design from model-based concept through to Software in Loop (SIL), Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL), and vehicle prototype testing, before handover to the industrial software team. Leading a small team, you'll design and develop model-based control strategies. This will include development and demonstration of new concepts and systems via desktop simulation and concept vehicles. Working with software engineers, you'll update and improve existing systems and architectures.
- You'll do all of this, while delivering requirements analysis and decomposition, control strategy design, development and execution of validation process and associated simulation environments.
What we expect from you:
- You'll need a proven record of innovative control system design, ideally within a pre-development environment on automated driving technologies or in related vehicular, robotics, or other control fields. You'll also have a thorough understanding of Control System design and development using the Mathworks toolchain (Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow) for real time applications.
- It will be essential that you have a degree in Electronics, Software, Automotive / Aerospace / Robotics engineering or similar subject, or equivalent industry experience. Additionally, you'll need experience with control strategy development and delivery through all stages of the engineering development 'V' cycle, including understanding of system and software engineering principals.
- Knowledge of software engineering principals such as model based software development, software architecture, dSpace Targetlink, the C programming language, and relevant standards (e.g. MISRA) is highly desirable.
- Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme.