ODP/ Scrub Nurse- Relocate to Surrey
Heart Healthcare are currently accepting applications for an ODP/ Scrub Nurse in a well respected private hospital based in Surrey.
Salary: £28,000- £38,000 + 10% annual bonus
Hours: 37.5 per week, Mon- Sat
No late nights or Sundays!
Our clients passion is eyes- and their reputation speaks for itself as they are now the UKs most trusted Ophthalmology service provider.
Our client have their very own eye sciences department which is constantly researching new technologies, partnering with leading UK universities across the country searching for the next best thing for patients.
What you'll get
- Fantastic career progression
- Annual discretionary 10% salary bonus
- Flights/travel to the UK if relocating from abroad/ another region
- 1st month accommodation paid for
- Welcome bonus (to be discussed at later stage)
Purpose of Post
Working closely with the Theatre Team Leader, you will be responsible for participating in all aspects of the Ophthalmic service at the Guildford hospital, mainly surgery.
You will provide excellent care to all patients undergoing surgery, including pre and post operation.
You will ensure a comprehensive level of care ensuring the patient is regularly updated during their stay and will deliver highly skilled patient-centered care to all ophthalmic patients within the hospital.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To promote a sensitive and caring approach to all patients, visitors and colleagues within the hospital environment.
- To ensure maximum efficiency, utilisation and seamless delivery of support to Consultants / Surgeons.
- To hold accountability for the delivery of high quality patient care throughout their visit to the hospital.
- Use clinical judgement and analytical skills to pro-actively identify potential problems during surgery that require Consultant / Surgeon input.
- Work with Consultant / Surgeon supporting them and delivering excellent care to patients whilst in the theatre environment.
- Provide pre and post-operative instructions to patients/carers through effective communication as part of the clinical competency framework and holistic care of patients.
- Provide expert advice for staff, patients and their carers.
- Administer drugs and treatments as prescribed
You must have valid NMC/HCPC registration with experience of working within Scrub.
To apply for this fantastic role simply apply below via email for more information. Your next job is just a few clicks away!
Keywords: Staff Nurse, Registered General Nurse, RGN, RN, Senior Staff Nurse, Nurse, Nursing, Outpatients, Theatre, Ophthalmic, Private Hospital, Hospital, ICU, A+E, Ophthalmics, Ophthalmology, Operating Room, Scrub, Private, NHS