Position: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Location: Stoke on Trent
Salary: £30'000-£34'000 per annum + Overtime + Pension
shift pattern - 4 on 4 off - Day & Nights
We have an exciting opportunity available for a maintenance Engineer to join this very well respected heavy engineering manufacturer based in Stoke with a number of manufacturing plants based across the UK.
Working as part of the Maintenance Team providing 'Hands-on' Mechanical & Technical support to both Production and other internal functions throughout the Factory.
Main Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Providing plant wide maintenance service, departmental support and mechanical repairs ensuring that all production targets are maintained.
- Monitor & supply Engineering support of machine set-up & changeovers to ensure that the product conforms to any quality assurance standards and ensuring changeovers are as efficient as possible.
- Design, fabrication and machining of parts and structures to service the needs of the business.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship & Qualification or equivalent
- Pneumatics, hydraulics and welding skills.
- High degree of Health & Safety awareness.
- Ability to fault find, repair and provide solutions to problems.
- Experience of working within heavy engineering environments would be desirable; steel, chemical, foundry, quarry, glass etc.
- Flexibility to shift work
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80417127