Workshop Team Leader
Workshop Team Leader
Position: Workshop Team Leader
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 16th March 2018
As a Workshop Team Leader you will be responsible for ensuring that you manage the stock put away and pick operations and assisting Workshop Supervisor in supervising prison inmates to carry out these functions to ensure the safe, efficient and accurate distribution of orders to prisoners.
What is involved in the Role?
* Working within the confines of HM Prisons
* The role is subject to gaining HMP Security Clearance
* Instructing and Training a group of prisoners in an enclosed environment
* Working in close proximity (face to face contact with prisoners)
* Handling prisoner complaints in a calm, professional manner.
* Understanding how to challenge prisoners and HM Prison Staff
* Develop positive working relationships with HM Prison Service Staff
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* To reconcile orders received into the workshop against orders picked and dispatched on a daily/weekly basis.
* To work closely with the Supervisor to reconcile stock levels within the Workshop against delivery and pick of each item.
* Work closely with Supervisors to manage all prisoners (order picking staff).
* Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Willing to learn.
* Methodical and reliable.
* Physically fit - capable of manual handling and lifting.
* Flexibility with regard to shift and rota working.
* Ability to understand and carry out instructions.
* Assist the Workshop Supervisor with local project management where applicable.
* Co-ordinate the delivery of accurate and timely dispatch of orders to prisoners.
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Strong Leadership skills with the ability to motivate a team in a challenging environment
* Ability to coach diverse teams and show leadership with setting an example
* Ability to follow work procedures and instructions within a strong environment
* Ability to count accurately and to perform simple math calculations, able to read, understand and follow instruction
* Ability to complete paperwork acutely and the ability to coach others
* Ability to move product which may require bending, stretching, stooping, stepping, reaching and/or lifting, in line with Health & Safety regulations.
* Able to use own initiative to solve problems and proactively implement the solution.
* Good analytical and numerical skills.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80413026