Trainer - Power Engineering
Job Title: Trainer (Power Engineering)
Job Sector: Engineering/Trainer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £45,000 p.a + bonus + bens
Job Reference: SS/J019935
About the Company:
An international, dynamic and responsible energy management specialist with operations in over 100 countries, involved in the provision of mechanical and electrical infrastructure projects to commercial, industrial and government sector clients.
Their focus is on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green and they are passionate about delivering real innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency.
About the Role:
Working as a Trainer, you will be required to develop and deliver Power Engineering training to energy and utility sectors, industrial and commercial customers. Areas of training will include topics such as; Electrical Power and Electrical Safety (incorporating high voltage).
Specific duties will include;
- Deliver a range of operational and technical training to a wide range of clients, including interdependent network operators, electrical contractors, manufacturers and the public sector such as; NHS/MOD
- Follow in-house procedure for designing and delivering courses to specified standards and accreditations
- Develop new training packages to meet customer requirements e.g. bespoke courses developed around customers safe system of work
- Develop and prepare all course material and practical facilities in advance of the delivery of new and existing courses
- Assess and make recommendations for authorization of delegates via personalized reports to employer
- Review feedback forms following a course and escalate any concerns raised by the customers to the Safety Centre manager
- Formulate Electrical Procedures and Technical Guides
- Get involved in the Authorisation Process
Key Skills/Experience Required:
In order to be considered for the role of Trainer, you must possess the following;
- Strong knowledge of MV/HV switchgear
- Experience of working at a Senior Authorised Person level with a Distribution Network is desirable
- Experience of working in a training/educational environment would be ideal
- Experience of preparing switching schedules, preparing issue and cancel safety documents, periodic inspections in HV substations to ensure compliance, electrical installation and implementation of HS & S Management systems.
- Authorisation Process experience
- An understanding of UK safety legislation and general requirements
- The ability and experience to deliver effective training
- Ideally a HNC/Degree level qualification in electrical power engineering or a related subject
- A teaching/lecturing/assessing qualification is preferred but not essential
- A health and safety qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH would be an advantage
Basic salary is up to £45,000 p.a
Generous contributory pension
28 days holiday
Flexible benefits package
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming application responses we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.