HGV Class 1 Driver
Based in Birmingham, you'll be joining this small, yet rapidly expanding, haulage business as a HGV Class 1 Driver. You will be employed on a full time and permanent basis. Safe practice at work incentive scheme operated by the company as well as generous pension scheme.
To be considered for the role, you'll require the following essentials:
- A good level of proven experience as a Class 1 Driver, ideally with experience in tipping
- A valid Class 1 license held for minimum of two years (driven in the last 180 days)
- Current drivers licence with no more than 9 points (no DD)
- A valid tachograph Digi card
- A valid DCPC card
- An ability to comply with the drivers tachograph and WTD
- Good spoken and written English is a necessity
- Industry compliance with emphasis on economical safe driving skills essential
You'll be driving your own class 1 HGV articulated truck, transporting various goods across the UK whilst demonstrating an effective us of the UK road network.
Aspects and duties of the role include:
- Driving your own designated 44-tonne truck
- Completing relevant paperwork e.g. timesheets and defect sheets
- Delivering a high standard of customer service to both customers and clients
Salary, Benefits & Working Hours
£25,000 to £30,000 per annum + meal & night out allowance.
You'll be working regular days from Monday to Friday however may be required to spend nights out tramping (maximum of 4 nights out per week). There is also the potential to work overtime on a Saturday, if requested.
All applications for this vacancy are dealt with directly by the client and Talk Staff Recruitment act only in the capacity as of a Recruitment Advertising Partner.
Talk Staff Recruitment is an established division of Talk Staff Group and works with companies throughout the East Midlands and UK with roles in a variety of areas including Automotive and Engineering, along with other similar commercial positions.
See our website for more details and jobs available -
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80416324