Group IT - Operations Analyst (Birmingham)
SSP is a world-wide retail catering company with operations in 30 countries and employing over 30,000 people. We operate well known branded restaurants, bars, cafés, food courts and convenience stores in airports, train stations, motorway service stations, retail parks and other leisure locations across the globe. Our Shared Service Centre (SSC) is located in Birmingham Great Park, where we have our shared service IT, finance and HR departments. We also have an IT support office in Manchester.
This role is part of our Group IT Operations team who manage user and unit set up for the group and carry out monitoring of Group Systems. Main duties will include processing requests for user accounts, new units and new sites for all countries, identifying missing sales data across all Group IT supported systems. Completing all monitoring as required in the operations documentation as well as triage and correctly assigning support tickets sent in from Group or Global users. Making any 'in scope' changes to the Fox Beta and Delta environments as required, sending out relevant communications to the business following the approval process, ensuring any queries or failures are escalated as appropriate, including where SLA's can't be met. You'll be keen to work with the team to suggest improvements to current processes, to see what tasks can be done more efficiently or even automated or removed. Attending and managing the Group IT CAB process, supporting the team leader. Sending out communications to the business regarding changes that are due and communicating any questions back from the business following successful CAB.
Due to working closely with Operations systems, the ideal candidate will have experience of working in operations and using the systems from an end user perspective, to appreciate why data is important in a retail business. Also, the following skills and personal characteristics will be needed:
- Positive, can-do attitude with the ability to prioritise own workload often sent in from multiple sources.
- Strong IT, administration and analysis skills, able to monitor and spot trends
- Confidence to know when to alert the relevant teams to ensure issues are investigated.
- Ability to work under pressure, with a cool and calm manner, maintaining accuracy and attention to detail whilst achieving timescales and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills - both oral and written with the ability to communicate with all levels of the business.
- A keen interest in developing a career in IT and good understanding of the basics of IT - file types, data transfer, MS Office, transfer protocols.
Based in our shared service centre, Rubery, Birmingham (B45 9PZ) you will ideally live locally to enable you to get to the site on time for each shift. Candidates must be available to work 40 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days on a rota from 6am to 5pm.
In return for your skills and committment, we offer competitive salary up to £19k p.a., plus a benefits package including: free parking, great training and learning and development opportunities and a discount scheme involving lots of high street retailers and service providers.
The site is located in the Rubery area of Birmingham Great Park (B45 9PZ) which is approximately 10 miles South West of the city centre near the M5 / A38 junction, so consideration should be given to travel time and your ability to get there on a daily basis.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80421445