Senior Carer/Team Leader - Nights
Full or part time opportunities
£9.30 to £9.75 per hour, dependant upon experience
Our Avalon CourtCare Homelocated in Coventry currently seek caring, motivated and enthusiastic people to join us as Senior Carer/Team Leader. Avalon Court delivers compassionate residential, dementia and respite care in a high quality environment.
As Senior Carer/Team Leader you will support the home to plan, monitor and deliver the highest standard of personalised care to residents, alongside providing assistance to the Home Manager in achieving business objectives.
To join us as Senior Carer/Team Leader, it is essential that you hold or are working towards a Level 3 qualification in Health & Social Care (or equivalent), alongside medication training and experience of leading colleagues in a similar role. It is equally important that you can demonstrate the right behaviours and attitude for working in an adult social care environment. A full induction programme will be provided, alongside formal training opportunities.
The key responsibilities of our Senior Carer/Team Leader include:
- Preparing and implementing staff duty rotas to meet the needs of the residents ensuring that adequate staff cover is maintained for all shifts and, where necessary, cover such deficiencies until proper staffing can be provided
- Taking ownership for ensuring that service users personal care needs are met, and to provide direct care where required
- Formulate social and health care plans for new residents and produce monthly reviews for existing residents
- Ensure that all duties undertaken by all staff are performed to the required standards, and that all staff contribute to the efficient running of the Home, tackling quality and performance issues. Proactively identifying the training needs of the team; participating in the formulation and implementation of the home's training programme
- Assist in the effective recruitment and selection of care staff i.e. supporting/leading interviews
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with all stakeholders
- Dispense and administer medication in accord with prescriptions and to accurately maintain all relevant documentation. Ensuring effective ordering and stock control of residents prescribed medication.
- Participate in the development of activities for residents
The role will require you to work shifts on a rota to include, evenings and weekends.
When joining Avery Healthcare, we will offer you:
- 5.6 weeks annual holiday per annum (including public holidays)
- Career development pathways and formal training opportunities
- Free uniform (where applicable)
Avery Healthcare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure the cost of which is met by Avery Healthcare. Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
Avery Healthcare is an award winning national care home provider, committed to delivering the highest standards of person centred care.We are always seeking high quality people to join our enthusiastic and dedicated teams across the UK.The design of our homes and our carefully selected staff when combined with our diligent approach to care enables us to provide our residents with an enriching life and the opportunity to flourish.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80416772