Residential Support Workers
RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKERS
40 hours per week/ 37 weeks per year (Term Time Weeks)
FTE £17,193 - £20,360 per annum (including market rate supplement) + payment for sleepover of £67.50
Based from Glasshouse College in Stourbridge.
Please be advised that the commencing salary is subject to qualifications and experience.
This post involves working primarily evenings and weekends with sleepovers.
We are the associated residential provision of The Ruskin Mill Trust Group which operates five colleges Birmingham, Horsley (Gloucestershire), Pembrokeshire, Sheffield, and Stourbridge, an associated site in Darlington, as well as an independent specialist school in Sheffield. We provide innovative and experiential education for children, young people and adults with special learning needs, developed out of the inspiration of Rudolf Steiner, William Morris and John Ruskin.
We are looking for the right people to join our team in Stourbridge to provide safe and constructive residential placements places to these young people with a wide range of complex learning, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- You will need an empathetic approach to create a warm, safe and stimulating environment.
- You will possess the ability to relate positively to young people.
- You will have good verbal and written communication skills, along with enthusiasm, insight and creativity.
- It would be desirable for the post-holder to hold a minimum NVQ level 2 in Care or equivalent qualification along with work experience in related areas.
- Being a driver with access to your own vehicle is desirable.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS Check. Transform Residential Limited is committed to becoming an equal opportunities employer.
Closing Date: Midday on Monday 2nd April 2018
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80410160