Head of Manufacturing and Logistics
With sales of EUR40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230,000 employees in 56 countries. Information management in and beyond the vehicle is at the very heart of the Interior division. The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: instrument clusters, multifunctional and head-up displays, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 43,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately EUR8.3 billion in 2016.
Role: The Head of Manufacturing and Logistics will manage all functional and business aspects of production, warehouse, sales, logistics and warranty within Birmingham production facility.
The successful candidate will enforce lean manufacturing principles throughout all processes and reinforce key performance indicators. This is a pivotal role that will drive the Birmingham operation forward towards a best practice environment.
* A strategic and leadership role, fostering a team environment, setting business values and attitudes within the team and communicating to all team members the need to maintain required levels of productivity, quality and cost.
* Full manufacturing responsibilities for production control (SAP/MRP).
* Develop a highly motivated and flexible team with responsibility for maintaining a comprehensive training programme to ensure all staff are trained.
* Budgetary control and full adherence to Continental processes.
* Overall responsibility for setting high quality standards and monitor performance against targets using lean techniques to improve efficiency.
* Co-ordination of the cross-functional departments of production, sales desk, purchase logistics, purchasing, warehouse and warranty to successfully align their operation. * Deliver projects as required in order to deliver a continuous improvement focus within Continental.
* The job holder will be responsible for the day to day management of the manufacturing facilities and for ensuring a safe working environment, for all personnel, through the adherence to Health and Safety Regulations and Safety Management Systems.
To be successful in the role you will have:
* Degree level qualification or qualified by experience, ideally within an automotive tier 1 supply chain. * Proven SAP utilisation within cross-functional areas.
* Proven track record of delivering within a production, warehousing and purchasing capacity.
* Experience in analysing and interpreting data in order to produce accurate management reports.
* You will have led/managed teams in excess of 15 People.
* A can do attitude that is always looking at how we can "make things happen"
* A confident and engaging manager that can motivate their team.
* A team player that is willing to work with other departments, understand their needs and be adaptable to change so that we can get the best result for Continental.
* Ability to think strategically whilst ensuring day to day operation objectives are met.
* Ability to respond to challenging situations in an innovative manner.
What we offer in return:
* A competitive salary package with annual "Value Sharing Bonus" paid to all employees.
* A generous contributory pension scheme.
* On-going training and excellent personal development opportunities. * Healthcare cash back scheme. * Employee discounts on Continental tyres and other products.
* Death in service insurance.
* Child care vouchers.
* Free on-site parking.
* Flexible Working.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80417630