Internal Business Auditor
Business area: Group Audit
Our client who are a Plc business in the South Birmingham area who are looking for a bright and ambitious individual to join the audit team.
The primary objective of Internal Audit is to provide an effective third line of defence. To examine and evaluate the Group's risk management framework, to provide assurance on the effectiveness of internal control, financial conduct and prudential governance processes and to determine that they are adequate and functioning properly.
The secondary objective is to add value by identifying inefficient operations and providing cost effective recommendations to improve control and efficiency, or prevent loss.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Undertake first line and second line Internal Audit assignments as directed
- Arrange and attend meetings with stakeholders ahead of reviews to discuss/agree the internal audit approach and scope
- Review working practices and processes with stakeholders
- Identify risks and assess controls against those risks for each audit area
- Carry out audit tests, discuss audit findings with local and senior management
- Produce high quality internal audit reports for review by the Technical Audit Manager
- Evidence that actions agreed in Internal Audit reports have been implemented or assess what progress has been made
- Attend working parties, committees, discussion groups and advise on control aspects of developing systems/new business areas and acquisitions, as required
Qualifications & experience:
Experience of performing financial or operational internal audits, or experience of working in a financial or regulatory control environment is essential. A professional qualification or significant progress towards a professional qualification (accounting or internal audit) is desirable. Previous financial services experience is desirable, and may have been gained on a client basis whilst with a professional firm.
If you or anybody in your network is interested in this role please get in touch on and
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80406708