An exciting opportunity for a Construction Buyer to join an Acquisitions and Development Team based in Coventry City Centre.
A well known student accommodation providor which combines the security, quality and comfort of a luxury Hotel with the fun and vibrancy of a University Halls of Residence. The Directors have 60 years' combined development and operational experience. The founding directors with a hotel background saw an opportunity to accommodate a niche market combining the luxury of a hotel with student accommodation.
Current and future projects will more than double the size of thier existing portfolio as they continue nationwide expansion.
Thier student blocks generally consist of between 200 to 1000 rooms having a mixture of en-suite fully fitted studios and shared serviced apartments incorporating a luxury living room and dining area complete with fully fitted kitchen.
Thier operating model is based on hospitality and student life experience. They supply something very different in the type of accommodation, level of service and what we call student 'whole life' experience and that has proved very popular with our residents, their parents, Universities and Local Authorities in all of our locations.
Your responsibilities as the Construction Buyer will include:
- Working with the project manager forecasting procurement needs.
- Maintaining project budgets
- Produce product specifications for existing sites and new builds.
- Build and develop relationships with key manufacturers/suppliers and service providers in the building / construction sector.
- Secure manufacturers for products at varying costs and quantities.
- Obtain best import and agency terms with our manufacturers/suppliers.
- Obtain best credit facilities, terms of payments and profit margins with our manufacturers/suppliers.
- Closely watch and monitor our competitors' prices and product list.
- Perform market surveys on our competitors' prices, discount rates and products every quarter.
- Review quotations; negotiate prices, delivery terms with manufacturers and suppliers.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issue purchase orders.
- Maintain and up-date procurement files in an orderly fashion.
- Provide product material specification details and a price list to the Operations Team.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable delivered goods with clients, manufacturers and transporters to determine. cause of problem while taking corrective and preventative action immediately.
- Develop and review purchase requests and ensure authorisation as necessary to facilitate the timely purchase of products.
To apply for this Construction Buyer role, you will need:
- Extensive experience of working within a buying role within the construction sector
- Highly organised with a logical approach
- Experience with new builds
- Project & time management with close attention to detail
- Able to follow current processes but continually looking for ways to improve them
- Excellent relationship builder and able to influence
- Ability to communicate proficiently both in writing and orally - particularly on the telephone
- Can work under pressure in a calm and thoughtful way
- Enjoy the challenge of multi-tasking and delivering
- Excellent common sense and good sense of judgement
- Resilient and hard working
- Completely computer literate and high familiarity with Microsoft Office
- All candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK to be considered
Linsco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80401425