Do you want to join a company that cares? When joining Avery you can expect:
* highly competitive rates of pay * exclusive employee discounts incl. retail and leisure savings * excellent career development incl. formal training * free parking * well-supported environment *
Are you tired of working difficult split shifts? Do you want to address your work life balance, whilst continuing to create?
OurAvalon Court Care Homelocated in Coventry,is currently seeking an experienced, motivated and passionate Sous Chef to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen. As Sous Chef, you will work in support of our Hotel Services team, supporting and at times leading (in the absence of the Head Chef) a comprehensive, high-quality culinary service, which contributes to the overall well-being of residents. Our aim is to offer a variety of food which is nutritious seasonal, thoughtful and nourishing. Good quality food with inspirational cuisine can be both a treat and healthy, so no residents will have to feel guilty or left out when enjoying our food offering.
If you have experience in the hotel or catering industry, coupled with a passion for quality home cooked cuisine then you may just be who we are looking for.
This role will require you to work shifts on a rota to include weekends.
The key responsibilities of our Sous Chef include:
- Prepare and cook all daily meals for residents and staff and provides catering for special occasions.
- Understand the principles of safe food handling to ensure all food preparation undertaken in the kitchen is to the highest standards of hygiene.
- Accept delivery of goods, checking against order forms and reporting any discrepancies.
- Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety of residents, visitors and staff.
- Advise on the supply and quality of items used to carry out tasks, ensuring the timely and appropriate ordering of replacement goods.
- Responsible for the safe and tidy storage of supplies and equipment.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues.
Avery Healthcare is an award winning national care home provider, committed to delivering the highest standards of person centred care.We are always seeking high quality people to join our enthusiastic and dedicated teams across the UK.The design of our homes and our carefully selected staff when combined with our diligent approach to care enables us to provide our residents with an enriching life and the opportunity to flourish. Avery Healthcare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure the cost of which is met by Avery Healthcare. Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
45 hours per week - shift pattern - 07:30am - 17:30pm which will include alternate weekends
Competative rate of pay
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80418596