Planning & Scheduling Lead
Have you got a background in planning and scheduling? Are you looking to progress into a growing market with a leading FTSE 250 company? Are you interested in Bio-Resource?
We are looking for our newest Bio-Resources Planning & Scheduling Lead to join our team, essentially you will play a crucial role in our Planning & Scheduling department where you will be leading a team of planner's, dispatchers and planning assistants controlling the operational activity for bio-resources assets and processes within the company. The role offers the opportunity to make a positive impact and improve the levels of service to the communities which we serve; working collaboratively with our operations team and supply chain to provide a very unique customer experience.
Experience required for the role:
Having good experience of working operating and maintaining wastewater assets and processes including treatment of sludge, digester operation, maintenance and sludge recycling is idea would be a real asset to the role. You will utilise your knowledge on a daily basis and ensure we are always optimised. Having experience of Lean Management, Six-Sigma, and SBF initiatives would be desirable. You will be a driven and motivated individual who shows resilience in sometimes challenging situations and has the ambition to really make the role their own and introduce a new working culture.
- 3 to 5 years' experience managing in a work flow planning environment, including knowledge of strategic and tactical work force/task planning.
- Continuous improvement experience.
- Demand and capacity, demand forecasting, analysis and review.
In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- The ability to work well in a team, sharing knowledge and being supportive.
- Flexible and able to respond to changing business needs.
- The ability to work effectively in a target driven environment.
- Analytical, data and root cause solution focused.
- Continuous Improvement; Lean Management, Six-Sigma, SBF.
- Higher education qualification in related subject matter.
- IT systems related qualifications.
Severn Trent benefits include:
- Annual salary of up to £39,000
- Fantastic Pension scheme (Business contributes double)
- 28 days' holiday plus 8 bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 additional days per year
Full range of Flexible benefits such as:
o SMART water - save money on your bills
o Private medical insurance
o Dental Insurance
We're based at Severn Trent Centre in the heart of Coventry city centre, right by the train and bus stations. With an onsite Costa Coffee and Restaurant, we have everything you'll need onsite, however the city's shopping, restaurants and cafés are just a short walk away.
There may be a need to participate in a standby rota. Travel around the company will be required to discharge the duties of the role.
Who are we?
We're a FTSE 100 water company, serving 8.1million people across the Midlands and into north and mid-Wales. Our customers, and the communities that we live and work in, are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to be building a lasting water legacy. Our vision is to be the most trusted water company by 2020, delivering an outstanding customer experience, the best value service and environmental leadership. And we'll achieve that by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, driving operational excellence and continuous innovation, investing responsibly for sustainable growth, changing the market for the better and creating an awesome place to work. We want our people to be part of an organisation that celebrates diversity and individual thinking as we believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is important for success. We seek to ensure that every employee and every application we receive, without exception, is treated equally and fairly.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80394985