Senior Design Manager
Position: Senior Design Manager
Sector: Commercial BuildMy client is seeking a lead Senior Design Manager on a £50m Scheme in the South Midlands. The organisation is a top 20, national main building contractor who has a reputation in delivering high quality schemes ranging from £5M to £90M. The company carry out work across all sectors; however, their reputation is strong in the sector of Mixed use, Leisure, Distribution & Retail.The selected candidate will be responsible for the management of the Design Team and Design Process. This applicant must also be able to demonstrate their commercial and contractual awareness. Early engagement with the client will be necessary, particularly in the Education and Healthcare projects - to advise correctly, ensuring the design is developed satisfactorily. Within the job role, it would be the responsibility of the Design Manager to encourage the design consultants to produce the highest quality design against cost restraints.
- Proven design management skills
- Control design processes
- Commercial awareness and control on site
- Experience of working with BIM or understanding of the software would be an advantage, but not a prerequisite for the position.
- Awareness of programme constraints and driving works to meet targets
- Build background
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Significant supervisory experience
- Able to maintain a high level of work quality against cost restraints
For more information, please contact Tom @ PSR
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80405427