About the Client
Our client is creating the brightest and boldest start-up in higher education anywhere in the world. As Procurement Manager you will be key to initiating, developing and driving forward commercial and procurement projects which underpin the organisations growth.
Today, technology is not just changing what we do, but who we are. Mastering technology to address the challenges of tomorrow demands a new kind of engineer. And that demands a new kind of engineering higher education. Our clients mission is to find, equip and empower a new generation of minds from diverse backgrounds to meet these challenges. If this mission excites you, join the select leadership team that's making it a reality.
Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, our client are looking for a Procurement Manager to lead on all aspects of procurement across the organisation. As a newly formed institution the role is broad and flexible and will require the person to provide support to all areas of the organisation.
- To work with the Chief Operating Officer on major procurement projects, including property, professional services, recruitment, contracts.
- To develop a Procurement Strategy for the institution.
- Initiate, develop and drive forward commercial and procurement projects which underpin the organisations growth and enable the university to achieve continuous improvement and value for money.
- Negotiate favourable terms with suppliers with an emphasis on streamlining the supplier base and driving down costs.
- Develop procurement savings and report on progress.
- Integrate Procurement into decision making at an early stage within operational processes via strong stakeholder engagement.
- Develop and integrate Procurement systems and processes.
- Support and guide, coach and develop colleagues and key contacts with procurement requirements
- Deliver against agreed financial targets.
- Actively follow and promote all university policies, including the Dignity at Work and Equal Opportunities Policy and actively promote these wherever possible.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations
- Abide by any other duties consistent with both the level and scope of the post
- Undertake other duties reasonably required of the post-holder by the COO.
Accountability and Responsibility
- Accountable to the COO with responsibility for all procurement budgets.
- Principal point of contact with respect to all procurement activities
- Degree standard in a relevant discipline, facilities management, project management
- MCIPS, or studying toward sit.
- Contract assessment and drafting
- Project management experience
- Understanding of OJEU procurement regulations.
- Technical/professional ability
- Communication and interpersonal excellence
- Team work and motivation
- Service delivery
- Able to adapt to a fast changing environment
- Problem solver
- Decision maker
- Ability to manage scarce resources