Cost Intelligence Team Leader
Highways England are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Over recent years, investment in our highways has increased, this has led to advances in technology, such as smart motorways; enabling traffic to flow better. However, even more is yet to be done. Considering that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which is why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. At the same time, we'll improve how we work. That means we will be able to; plan roadworks better to minimise disruption; clear incidents more quickly; and save more than £1 billion by working more efficiently. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: www.highwaysengland.co.uk
Highways England is looking to recruit a Cost Intelligence Team Leader on permanent basis to work from our Birmingham office.
The Cost Intelligence Team Leader is responsible for:
- Ensuring that the cost base and cost drivers across programmes are evaluated, tracked and understood by the relevant management teams
- Converting cost data to information and intelligence and advising on the use of cost intelligence to inform process and investment decisions
- Identifying and reporting opportunities for delivering increased and sustainable value for money, efficiency and delivery of key performance indicators
Day to Day
- Leading, managing, developing and motivating a cost intelligence team and ensuring that team members comply with all relevant health and safety policy and processes.
- Leading on the design and implementation of robust processes and systems for cost capture and cost base reporting.
- Supporting the design and implementation of end-to-end sub processes for cost intelligence, and reporting on opportunities for improving sustainable value for money and investment decisions.
- Developing and maintaining key cost analysis sub processes, systems, controls and forecasting, ensuring that the correct software and support is in place for the business to deliver high quality reporting and advice
- Providing specialist advice across the organisation on cost intelligence in order to act as a centre of excellence for unit cost and the application to business improvement
- Thorough understanding of the concepts in the published Efficiency and Inflation Monitoring Manual.
- Ability to assist the business in the identification and evidencing of efficiencies.
- Economic and change management experience
- Thorough understanding of unit cost drivers and movement
- Extensive commercial and financial management experience
- Experience in process development
- Demonstrable experience of excellent analytical skills
In order to review your application please include a CV with your application. You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
For further information please review the Cost Intelligence Team Leader job profile.
All candidates invited to interview will be required to provide valid proof of Right to Work in the UK.
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/