Supply Chain Planner
Supply Chain Planner
Atherstone on Stour and Greenford
Up to £27,000 per annum DOE
Our client is an established family owned business and leading supplier to UK retailers and the food service and wholesale sectors, they specialise in the supply and delivery of fresh exotic fruit and speciality vegetables. They are a grower, importer and marketing business with a heritage in subtropical produce meaning that they can offer a diverse choice of employment opportunities to match your ambitions.
They are now looking to recruit a Supply Chain Planner to join their team.
The role requires that both operational sites are supplied on time and in full with competitively priced and sourced produce requirements whilst maintaining responsibility for regularly reviewing suppliers and negotiating best value for the business. With a proven track record within fresh produce the role will require sourcing, building and managing supplier relationships.
- Keep abreast with market intelligence to ensure best deals on volume and cost.
- Develop relationships with growers and suppliers to provide them short, medium and long term programmes.
- Manage the on-going performance of suppliers and product range within the scope of the role with responsibility for maintaining and developing margin for the product range and category.
- Participate in supplier approval processes ensuring compliance with all due diligence prior to acceptance.
- Ensure stock levels are balanced and that purchase volumes coordinated with consideration to storage, quality, use and best cost.
- Ensure continuation of year round supply and identify complimentary sources to secure market share.
- Play a key role in NPD, supporting the Commercial, Logistics, and Technical teams with the effective and practical implementation of sourcing requirements.
- Maintain an up to date database of all growers and suppliers.
- Ongoing effectiveness of the ERP system ensuring data accuracy.
- Remain commercially aware of customer strategies working in partnership with Commercial to maintain existing and win new business enhancing our market position.
- Liaise closely with Commercial, Logistics, Finance and Technical departments.
- Ensure purchase orders are diligently and proactively managed, resolving issues relating to quality, quantity and carriage ensuring that grower returns are finalised within agreed time to ensure settlement terms adhered to. Invoice verification and approval, ensuring any anomalies are investigated and actioned.
- Gain a thorough understanding of cost make up of every component of supply chain with a view to deliver cost savings and to improve efficiency.
To be considered for the Supply Chain Planner position you will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Degree Educated and/or an equivalent level vocational qualification.
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) qualified to at least certificate level.
- Working within the fresh produce industry as a Buyer with a minimum of two years of experience within a similar high pressure role.
- Proven experience of contract and supply negotiation.
- Advanced skills in the MS office package including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook with high levels of numeracy and literacy essential.
- A thorough understanding of the entire supply chain including air, sea and land freight and all customer requirements.
- Proven experience of working to strict deadlines with the ability to accurately and methodically multitask.
- An understanding of the global seasonal effects and the ability to source from alternative suppliers.
- Working within an environment that requires exceptional listening and communication skills with the ability to analyse complex issues and take decisive action.
If you feel you are the right person for the Supply Chain Planner role, please apply now!
Supply Chain Planner, Supply Chain Buyer, Purchasing Manager