Planning & Logistics Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Planning & Logistics Manager for a business based in Birmingham
Reporting to the UK Planning & Logistics Director, the role will be an integral part of the Plant Senior Management team and will have responsibility for leading:
- The external customer facing delivery interface with all trade, forgers customers
- The internal customer facing delivery interface with all Plants
- The purchasing logistics interface will all subcontractors
- Supply, lead the planning interface with sites
- Plant Operational Planning and Logistics management - Leading the planning and logistics operational interface with the Plant Director and Manufacturing Manager
- Plant Subcontract Manufacturing - Lead the subcontract manufacturing post contract, but including contract administration and supplier performance
- Physical Logistics - Leading Transport planning and execution and Manufacturing Plant and Service Centre physical logistics
- The management of terms and the associated Revenue recognition impact.
- The planning SOX compliance activity and be a SOX auditor
- Must be either of graduate calibre with management diploma and/or have equivalent experience within a management role
- Will have working knowledge of financial regulatory framework (Sarbanes Oxley), AS9100, ISO17025, ISO9001
- Will demonstrate understanding of problem solving and continuous improvement activities to include FMEA, Kaisen, Lean Manufacturing principles
- Must demonstrate ability of managing internal and external customer expectations
- Demonstrate professional advancement in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to demonstrate a range of leadership skills such as delegation, coaching and support while able to interpret and challenge traditional behaviours and practices
- Will drive systematic and process driven activities focusing on attention to detail and right first time
- Able to interpret high level business objectives into day to day plans and roll out and delegate to teams, able to clearly identify day to day priorities and create action plans to deliver
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels are essential
- Demonstrable computer skills in SAP, BW Oracle databases and Microsoft Office
- Experience preferable in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Experience and exposure to a union environment would be advantageous.