Churchill Howard are working in partnership with a highly successful business based in West Bromwich area to recruit a Finance manager. The successful Finance Manager will be responsible for assisting the Network Finance Controller with the production, delivery and development of management and financial information for the organisation. You will also play a key part in delivering business projects across different divisions.
It is a broad-based role, with an element of continuous reporting, which will involve:
* Developing strong Business Partnering relationships with senior operational decision makers, to analyse, interpret and ultimately improve KPI levels throughout the Network
* The preparation, review and consolidation of Depot Profit and Loss accounts, as well as the production of analytical reports detailing individual depot performance and overall trends
* Assisting in the planning, forecasting and target setting processes. As well as monitoring and applying financial techniques to analyse and benchmark depot and regional performance
* Carrying out financial audits and working in conjunction with Regional Finance Managers to standardise, review and develop network financial/operational processes
A fully qualified and commercially astute accountant (ACA/ACCCA/CIMA), with post qualification experience. The successful candidate should have a right first-time mentality and a solid grasp of Management Accounting principles/practices, along with:
* Proven experience of operating as a business partner or equivalent level role, coupled with the know-how and confidence to present clear and simple results in a cost focused setting
* Strong planning and forecasting abilities, backed by a genuine desire to get to know the business and really understand the activities and underlying cost drivers behind it
* Advanced Excel and first-rate communication skills
* Good knowledge of reporting tools, as well as evidence of involvement in the successful delivery of project-based activities
* A full driving license, together with a willingness to undertake periodical UK travel and stay away from home overnight if required
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent) and will demonstrate fantastic communication skills. They will show a genuine interest in the industry and will demonstrate a willingness to participate when forming key business strategy.
Applicants of all ages and backgrounds with the relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. Churchill Howard acts in its capacity as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment.