Supplier Quality Engineer
We are currently working on a brand new position made for a Supplier Quality Engineer at Tier 1 Automotive Manufacturer in Birmingham. As a direct supplier to a host of OEMs, this opportunity will suit versatile candidates with strong quality and lean process tools.
Our client is a globally recognised automotive manufacturer. The business has a diverse product range and prides itself on quality of product. The Supplier Quality Engineer role is a new position, intended to add further rigour to the supply chain's manufacturing processes. The successful Supplier Quality Engineer will be tasked with improving supplier score cards and introducing a number of lean tools into the supply chain.
- Working with supply chain to improve processes and performance, focusing on migration from reactive to proactive quality mentality
- Perform capability studies to assess and rationalise supplier base
- Guide suppliers through APQP and PPAP activities
- Responsible for purchased parts from concept to series production
- Coaching of suppliers in quality and lean tools
- Assistance with problem resolution utilising quality tools including 8d
- Implementation of various lean methodologies
- SQA background within automotive sector is essential
- Diplomatic in approach
- Excellent command of lean tools with Six Sigma certification preferable
- Comprehensive knowledge of TS16949/ IATF16949
- Exposure to a number of different manufacturing processes
Salary from £30,000 - £40,000 DOE + Package